Subscribe Now!

Follow Us On Twitter Share On Facebook

Saturday 7 December 2013

Demi Lovato on Joe Jonas’ Revealing Tell-All: Beware — I’m Writing My Own Now!


Though Demi Lovato was initially shocked when she read ex Joe Jonastell-all essay in New York Magazine, she told Life & Style last night that all is fine after the pair talked — and that she’s in the middle of writing her own!

“At first I was like, ‘wait, we need to talk.’ And then we did and it was all good. Joe and his brothers [Kevin and Nick] are going to be in my life forever,” Demi, 21, told the mag at Nylon magazine’s Hot Holiday Party in Hollywood on Thursday. “Then I was like, ‘Beware. I’m writing my tell-all now!’”

13 Surprising Things We Learned From Joe Jonas' New York Magazine Tell-All
But she doesn’t plan to show the 24-year-old singer in a bad light. “I’ll go easy on him,” she said. “I’m working on my memoir. I want to reveal some of the reasons for my eating disorder and my drug and alcohol abuse. I want to be open about it.”

Joe, who was also at the event, told Life & Style that he made sure he had time to chat with her about it.

“We’ve been friends for a long time. I support her in her career and she supports me,” he said. “We know that there can be a lot of ups and downs in life. We were able to have a good time to talk. I got a lot of love for her.”
Jonas Brothers Explain Band's Split
In the New York piece, Joe opened up about his brief relationship with Demi. The pair, who co-starred in Disney’s successful Camp Rock films, dated in 2010 when the starlet was struggling with many personal issues.

“I really got to know her and got to see the ins and outs of what she was struggling with, like drug abuse,” he writes. “I felt like I needed to take care of her, but at the same time I was living a lie, because I wasn’t happy but felt like I had to stay in it for her, because she needed help. I couldn’t express any of that, of course, because I had a brand to protect.”

He also claims that Demi and Miley Cyrus, a co-Disney star at the time, influenced him to smoke pot for the first time.
Demi Lovato Talks Faith, Travel Plans, and How "Neon Lights" Was Her "Grown-Up Video"
“The first time I smoked weed was with Demi and Miley. I must have been 17 or 18,” he recalls. “They kept saying, 'Try it! Try it!' so I gave it a shot, and it was all right. I don’t even smoke weed that often anymore."

Joe told Life & Style that he was nervous before the essay went to press. “I think there was a lot of anxiety that came from it because it’s something that’s so raw and real.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment