Subscribe Now!

Follow Us On Twitter Share On Facebook

Friday 28 June 2013

Could Super Eagles Have A German Born Goal Keeper...

German-born Nigerian goalkeeper Robin Udegbe says he hopes to attract Super Eagles’ coach Stephen Keshi’s attention this season when he teams up with a top club this summer. Udegbe will become a free player when his contract at Dutch side VVV Venlo runs out on June 30.
The giant keeper, who was born in Kiel Germany, says his Camerounian agent is working on a deal for him in Germany. Udegbe told TON he was not keen on playing second division football at VVV Venlo, who were relegated this past season, but maintained that his ambition was to play for Nigeria, hence his resolve to play in the big league.
Udegbe returned to his new base Duisburg in Germany to continue his search for a new club. FSV Frankfurt in the second division in Germany were ready to land him but according to the sxi-foot plus keeper, the deal hit the rocks because they couldn’t afford his wages.
“My agent is currently in talks with Dutch Eredivisie side Fortuna Sittard after we failed to agree on financial terms with FSV Frankfurt,” Udegbe told TON.
“It was told I was too expensive to play in the second division in Holland but my agent is working hard now.
“But my main ambition right now is to play for Nigeria and that’s why I want to play in a top league to convince Keshi I can do it.”
Born to a Nigerian father from Awkuzu, Anambra State and German mother, Udegbe says it would be great to play for Nigeria.
“My father wants me to play for Nigeria and I would love to make him happy when I get the chance. I know it won’t be so easy but I know I got all it takes.
“I was invited to Germany U-15 national team but I only made the bench but I’m prepared to switch to Nigeria now.”
“I have visited Nigeria a lot of times and I have good relationship with my family as well as friends and I think I will be fun to be closer to my people when I get to play for the Super Eagles.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment