Subscribe Now!

Follow Us On Twitter Share On Facebook

Thursday 23 January 2014

A Nigerian boy inspired me to start my charity project – Rapper The Game


Last month on The Arsenio Hall Show, Game detailed how meeting a Nigerian boy in Australia, and not being able to give him more money, kept him up for a week, thus inspiring him to come up with The Robin Hood Project.
I met a kid in Australia from Nigeria. His name was John. And if I met him anywhere in the United States, I would’ve had enough money on me to help him the way I would’ve thought he needed help. But I only had $20 in Australia on me.
1

He told me about his family’s plight and how much it took for him and his family to get to Australia and he said it was like 20 people living in a one-bedroom apartment.
So I gave him the $20 and for the next week I couldn’t sleep. So I came up with the idea for the Robin Hood Project and ever since I met John, I’ve donated $170,000 of my own money just to people.
It doesn’t matter. The game also  his charity foundation hosted a bowling night at Studio City’s Pinz, attended by celebs like Khloé Kardashian, Rosa Acosta and Malika Haaq.
3

The event raised $6,636 for 4-year-old Aaliyah, whose mom Brittney Nickerson perished in a fiery car crash last week in Los Angeles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment