Subscribe Now!

Follow Us On Twitter Share On Facebook

Saturday 23 November 2013

Mary J. Blige: How Whitney Houston's Death Inspired Me to Get Healthy

 
Mary J. Blige opens up in the new issue of Shape magazine about how Whitney Houston's death made her want to get healthy.
Getty
Mary J. Blige says that Whitney Houston's death inspired her to get healthy.
The "No More Drama" bares her soul--and her incredible abs--in the new issue of Shape. 42-year-old Mary says that she's currently in the best shape of her life, and that it was her pal Whitney's death in February 2012 that inspired her to get in shape.

"Whitney Houston’s death really crushed me. I saw someone so incredibly talented just diminish, and I refuse to go out like that," the Grammy winner told the mag.
Following the revelation that the "I Will Always Love You" singer had died from an overdose, Mary completely gave up alcohol. "I haven’t had a drink in a year and three months. I had quit for a long time but started again about five years ago. I'm off it completely once more, and now I feel stronger than ever."
Star-Studded Party Details from the Second Mary J. Blige Honors Concert
R&B legend Mary has also made other positive changes in her life. She switched to a gluten and dairy-free diet and, after years of not knowing how, she conquered a major fear and learned how to swim. Now, she relies on swimming and cardio not just to get in shape but also to relieve stress.
"I hate being out of shape, but I don’t exercise just to lose weight. It makes me feel better when I get that run in. I could be in the worst mood, but when I do my cardio I feel much, much better."

0 comments:

Post a Comment