Subscribe Now!

Follow Us On Twitter Share On Facebook

Thursday 24 October 2013

Pay me my salary - Keshi demands


Following revelations that the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) is owing Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi his salary that stretches to seven months back,the national team handler has described it as “the lowest point” of his coaching career.

Earlier in the week NFF president Aminu Maigari,admitted that they are owing Keshi,but that they are financially handicapped at the moment to meet his entitlements.

Keshi speaking to the News Agency of Nigeria(NAN) said he felt the NFF were looking down on him and his assistants by not paying them their salaries.

“The lowest point of my career is working and not being paid for seven to eight months. I have never had this kind of experience before,” Keshi lamented.

There are reports that Keshi is being owed about N35million by the NFF,and Keshi added that he was never owed in his previous coaching jobs.

“In Mali, they will never owe you. Your salary will hit your account before the end of every month. It was the same thing in Togo."

“Owing me up to seven months makes me feel I am not being appreciated. It is like they (my employers) think I am being favoured in what I am doing."

“I am not being favoured. Whatever I am doing here, I am doing it with everything I have and I need to be respected to be given my pay."

“I don’t like discussing about money issues and if there is any NFF member who said we can work for free, then I will want to speak with him face to face."

“If they say we can work for free and that they are not going to pay, so be it."

“I can’t have my family abroad and I will be in debt because I have not been paid for seven months and somebody is saying we should not complain,” Keshi added.

0 comments:

Post a Comment